The IATA Foundation Diploma Course unlocks multiple career opportunities to the aspirants. So don’t be late and join the course now.
Wish to move make a career in travel and tourism industry? Aspire to get a job in big airports of the country? The first step to make your dream come true is to enroll in the IATA Foundation Course. From fare calculations and airline reservations to travel formalities and customer service, this is the best program for you. The course provides all the basic information and skills to the students to make a career in the travel and tourism industry.
What is IATA Foundation Course?
IATA stands for International Air Transport Association. This is a popular airlines group that came together in 1945 with only one mission to represent and serve the airline industry. Top airlines of the world are part this group, contributing their service towards passenger safety and air traffic regulations, following the systems decided by IATA.
The organization offers diploma courses and short-term certification course for the travel professionals. The IATA Foundation Course is a basic course that introduces the aspirants to the world of travel and tourism.
This study program is for the aspirants who are interested in the field of travel/tourism and plan to make a career in this field. The course is best for those who want to work as ticketing agents or in the leading airlines of the world.
The syllabus of this study program covers make topics like fare and ticketing rules, travel and tourism and world geography. From fare calculation and airport ticketing to customers and hotel services, this course teaches you all.
Those completing this study programs can enroll in advance consultant level course.
Duration: The course is part time and its duration is of four to six months.
Eligibility: The eligibility of the course is 10+2 pass and good communication skills.
Some Important Information about the Exam
- Exams of this course are held 3 times per year in December, September and March.
- Minimum 60 percent score is necessary to pass the examination.
- The examination paper comes in the form of multiple choice questions
- Most of the IATA coaching institutes offer placements after examination.
- All centers do not provide all three levels of this program.
- Registration is valid only for two years. The candidate has to finish this course within two years of their enrollment.
What will you Study In the IATA Foundation Course?
The course content is industry oriented. A large number of youngsters are interested to join the program. It is a short-term study program but career growth is good.
By finishing this course you will be able to:
- Provide the necessary facilities and services for airline passengers during their journey
- Advise passengers on visa and passport requirements and on travel insurance
- Build customer loyalty and offer brilliant customer service
- Sell and book travel/tourism products
- Reserve and plan tour itineraries using regular coding of industry
Sell pre-packaged tour products, cruises, hotel accommodation, car rental and rail travel.