Every year, thousands of people convicted under drug possession case, either for personal use or with intent to sell. If you or a family member has also been charged with possession of drugs, it’s extremely important to consult an experienced drug defense attorney as soon as possible for the charges, including:
- Possession of marijuana or other illegal drugs
- Possession of cocaine or drugs like Vicodin, Xanax and so on
- Felony possession of drugs with intents to resell
- Convicted under charges like drug trafficking
- Gun charges associated with a drug bust
And the list continues… this is an overview of some of the most common drug crimes which can disrupt the life of any accused once get convicted and found guilty by the court. If you’re facing any of the above charges, do get in touch with a drug defense attorney to get the charges dropped, dismissed or reduced or to beat a conviction trial. There are various defense strategies an attorney used to defend their client drugs conviction:
- In possession case, the defense attorney can sometimes argue that the accused was not in possession of the controlled substance at the time of his conviction.
- When the prostitution tries to prove that the accused was in the constructive possession of the drug, accused hired attorney may argue that there is no proof that the accused was aware of the presence of drugs.
- An attorney will thoroughly read the detailing and complexities of the case before developing a defense strategy.
- He will pay close attention to the prosecution evidence and will strategize a new claim to defend the evidence.
- If an attorney finds a violation, he can ask the court to not to consider the evidence that was collected during an illegal search.
Expertly Handle A Plea Deal In A Drug Crime Case
It is the duty of an attorney whether you make a search for- drug defense, criminal or injury attorney near me, the attorneys are skilled enough to negotiate plea deals on behalf of their clients’ injuries because due to possession or conviction, their reputation and careers get destroyed. The majority of drug conviction cases are resolved through plea deals, where the defendant agrees to plead guilty in return for taking a step back from the charges or lighter penalties.
Getting the solution of the drug crime case through plea helps the defendant quickly dissolved the case without stretching the matter. It is the expertise of an attorney, which evaluate that if the case of the defendant is strong- accepting a plea is the best solution. But if their case is weak, a trial is the way to go for. Before making any decision, discuss your options with your attorney to determine what is right for you to get over the case as soon as possible.
If you or your near one has been accused of committing a drug possession crime- or are simply under the investigation of the case- don’t need to feel ashamed while seeking the legal representation of an attorney.
There are no guarantees in drug crime cases, but hiring an experienced attorney is your best bet at avoiding many of the legal penalties that come along with a drug crime conviction.