If you are planning for a short holiday this monsoon, make sure you make the most of it. Enough of hills and seas? Then let’s head towards the southern part of India which is famous for the unique culture and is considered to be the spiritual center of our country.
The mesmerizing temples of South India will make you come back to this part time and again. In order to have South India temple tour, make sure you don’t miss out these specific temples. Keep reading.
- Meenakshi Temple: One of the prominent temples of South India, the Meenakshi Amman temple houses goddess Parvati and her divine consort, Shiva. The temple has an imposing structure and contains around 33,000 sculptures. The grandeur of this temple with its vastness will make you come back to this place time and again. This is a lifetime experience, believe us!
- Jambukeswarar Temple: Dedicated to Lord Shiva, this is another extraordinary temple which holds immense importance in the cultural history of this state. The colorful structure of this temple is soothing, you will also get to see various sections of this temple owing to the elaborate built-up of this temple. This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva, here the deity is present here in the form of Appu Lingam (water lingam).
- Sripuram Golden Temple: Check out the soothing atmosphere of Sripuram Golden Temple. It is a spiritual park which is decorated by the artisans who are deft in decorating temples. If you are in need of peace and solitude, you should not miss this place by any means.
- Ramanathaswamy Temple: Located at Rameswaram island of Tamil Nadu, this temple is considered as one of the twelve sacred Jyotirlingam of our country. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, this temple is one of the most important pilgrimage centers of devotees of Lord Shiva. Check out the grandeur and the unmatched architectural brilliance of this temple. Do not miss this place by any means. The place where is temple is located- Rameswaram, is considered to be one of the famous Char Dham of our country. So, don’t miss this place by any means!
- Virupaksha Temple: This temple is another example of how magnificent the temples of South India are. The towering structure of this temple will mesmerize you the moment you step inside the temple premise. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, this temple was built in the 7th century and is famous for the intricate designs and the spiritual vibe this place caters to. Check this place out.
South India is a land of wonders where you will be able to witness a perfect harmony of natural and urban. Many prefer to explore parts of South India for a honeymoon, vacations, and other spiritual tours. You can always opt for Kerala honeymoon tour package if you want to experience something different, something magical on your honeymoon. Whatever be the occasion, this part of India will never fail to hypnotize you, that’s guaranteed. All the very best for your upcoming trip.