Common Admission Test is a national level management aptitude test which is conducted by Indian Institutes of Management for providing admission to various management programs which are offered by Indian Institutes of Management. Online registration for entrance exam will initiate in the month of August and which will be conducted in the month of November. There is various post graduate courses which are offered by various IIM’s.
Minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in entrance exam are as-
- Candidate needs to have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum 50% marks in aggregate for general candidates and 45% marks for candidates of ST/SC/DA/PWD categories.
- Candidates who all are appearing in final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for entrance exam provided that they submit their mark sheet or certificate of passing at latest by 30 June 2017
- Before applying for entrance test, Candidates are suggested to double check the eligibility because it is consistently been check at Indian Institute of Management at several stages
- Online registration for the entrance exam will begin in the month of August 2017
- Admit card will be made available for the purpose of downloading in the month of October 2017
- Examination will be held in the month of October 2017
- Result will be announced in the second week of January 2018
How to apply for entrance exam-
Instructions or procedure to apply for the entrance exam is given as-
- First of all, the candidates are required to visit the official website of the CAT entrance exam 2017 which is iimcat.ac.in
- Then the candidate has to complete the registration process and by providing the details like name, date of birth, authentic mobile number and a valid email id which will receive user ID and password
- Now, the candidate needs to login with the help of user ID and password and fill up all the required information in the form
- After that candidate needs to upload the scanned copies of all the required documents for filling the application form which are a photograph, signature, category certificate, etc.
- Now, the candidate has to select the programs he/she wants to apply for in the application form.
- After that candidate is required to give his/her preference of exam city which is allowed 4 cities as maximum
- After this, the candidate is required to make the payment of the fee for the application form via online mode which could be with the help of credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
- The application fee for the general candidates is Rs.1600 where as the application fee for the candidates of other categories is Rs.800
- Once the payment of fee is made or done, a confirmation email is sent to the e-mail ID provided by the candidate
Finally, the candidate can log in to the application form with the help of user ID and password and download the completed application form and take the printout for the future references.