Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination Design which is organized by Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay under the guidelines of UCEED admissions committee. The performance in the entrance exam forms the basis for admission in Bachelor’s of Design at Industrial Design Centre in IIT Bombay.
It is expected that this time the entrance exam will be held in 14 cities which are as-
Tentative Schedule for the Exam-
- Start of Online Registration- October 2016
- Last date of Registration- November 2016
- Date for downloading admit card- December 2016
- Last date for rectification of errors- December 2016
- Date of Exam- January 2017
- Date of release of Answer Key- January 2017
- Date of Declaration of Result- February 2017
The Candidates can apply for the exam on the official website only once the official notification of the UCEED exam has been released. There is a three-step procedure to be followed for filling the online application which is as
- First of all, the candidate needs to register online before one wants to fill the application form. After that valid mobile number and E-mail must be provided by the candidate for further communications. Once the details are validated, a unique password is sent to candidate on his registered mobile number which has to be used for completing the application form.
- Secondly, application form is completed by providing the details required, choice of city of exam is also provided, the various files like photograph, signature and certificates of eligibility are also uploaded and submitted as well.
- Lastly, the payment of fee is done. Click on the make payment, the candidate will be redirected to payment portal and payment will be made through debit card, credit card or internet banking. Once the payment has been made no refund will be made whereas for multiple applications refund will be made.
For Male Candidates
- General Category- Rs.2000
- SC/ST/OBC- Rs.1000
For Female Candidates
- General Category- Rs.1000
- SC/ST/OBC- Rs.1000
- Candidate can either be citizen of India or Foreign Candidate as well.
- The candidate should have born on or after October 1, 1996 if he/she belongs to General or OBC category and for SC/ST category the candidate should have born on or after October 1, 1991.
- The candidate can appear for the entrance exam twice in consecutive years and score of exam is valid for only a year which falls to be the academic year for securing admission in the course of Bachelors of Designing.
- The candidates are required to qualify class-12 either in 2015 or are appearing in class-12 in the current year i.e. 2016.
- Those candidates who have appeared for the entrance exam in 2014 for the first time are not eligible for the entrance exam this year.