What would you consider the most effective way to promote and grow your business in an increasingly competitive marketplace? Well, Search Engine Marketing or SEM is one of the most effective and efficient way to make your business more popular and visible among people. There are millions of businesses out there and all are seeking for promotions and to target right audience. With Search Engine marketing tips and techniques you can promote your products and services in order to expand and grow your business.
Many small businesses want to avail an affordable search engine marketing services. They think running a paid search campaign is too expensive and mostly lack behind in the marketing budget to compete with bigger and well-known brands. Here are some of the best search engine marketing tips to enable your small business to compete with the big and reputed brands.
- Keyword Selection: The big brands generally have more marketing dollars that allow them to outbid you in paid search auctions. For being competitive with these high brands, the most important and crucial tip is that you should be strategic about the keyword you choose. Try to choose such keywords that would produce quality leads and maximum conversions for the business. In addition to this if you would use long tail keywords as a part of your strategy then it would allow you to be more targeted and cheaper. Also, remember that it would be less competitive due to fact that less traffic would come from long tail keywords. Once you choose a good keyword strategy, you can make cost-effective decisions and save money by restricting certain keywords with match types and negative keywords. It is a brilliant method to reduce wastage of expense.
- Day/Geographic Parting: Localization is another way to stay competitive against the big brands. If a mom-pop shops or is focused in a particular area, it is a good idea to restrict the geographical targeting. When only a city or a state is served then there is no need to show up for keywords all around the country. Again with the reason of geographic parting, day parting needs to be utilized. Day parting allows you to set the ads to only run during certain times of the day. You can still be competitive by limiting your ad to only run when the maximum conversations can be made.
- Ad Extensions: It is a brilliant way to add information to the ads. Ads shall be comprised of useful information about your business as it can make the major differences. Google offers various ad extensions like reviews, click-to-call links, location information and site links. These are very helpful and bring people to additional pages of a website. The more information you share, the greater are the chances of receiving an ad click and ultimately making a sale.
- Engaging and Enticing Ad Copy: You must think of other ways when outbidding your competitors for a top position is not an option. You must write an appealing ad copy. Try to stand out with your ad, either through a good positioning statement or an enticing promotion that can help you get the click. Perform some competitive research in order to make your business look like the logical choice.
- Looking Outside of Google: Don’t forget that the paid search world exists outside of Google. Google is an expensive search engine as it gets the most traffic but there are several another cost effective and less competitive search engines. However, there are few other second tiered engines on the market like LookSmart, Admarketpalce, etc. These are inexpensive but at the same time lower quality in search traffic.
The paid search marketing services biggest strength is that it offers the opportunity to the advertisers to put their ads before the motivated customers who are ready to buy at the apt moment they are ready to make a purchase.