Common Admission Test is national level management aptitude test which is conducted by Indian Institutes of Management for providing admission to various management programs which are offered by Indian Institutes of Management. Online registration for entrance exam has already begun from 9 August 2017 and exam will be conducted on 26 November 2017. There are various post graduate courses which are offered by various IIM’s.
Minimum eligibility conditions for appearing in entrance exam are as-
- Candidate need to have bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum 50% marks in total for general candidates and 45% marks for candidates of ST/SC/DA/PWD categories.
- Candidates who all are appearing in final year of the graduation are also entitled to apply for the MBA entrance exam provided that they submit their mark sheet or certificate of passing at latest by 30th June, 2017
- Before candidates apply for the entrance exam, Candidates are suggested to re-check the eligibility because it’s been checked at Indian Institute of Management at several stages.
- Online registration for entrance exam have begun on 9 August 2017
- Admit card are released for the purpose of download from 25 October 2017 to 26 November 2017
- Examination is going to be conducted on 26 November 2017
- Result are expected to be declared in second week of January 2018 tentatively
How to apply for entrance exam-
Instructions or procedure to apply for entrance exam is given as-
- First of all, the candidates need to visit the official website of the entrance exam which is iimcat.ac.in
- Then, the candidate are required to complete the registration process and by providing the details like name, date of birth, authentic mobile number and a valid email id which will receive user ID and password
- Now, the candidate needs to login by using the user ID and password and fill up all the required information in the form
- After that candidate need to upload the scanned copies of all the required documents for filling the application form which are photograph, signature, category certificate, etc.
- Now, candidate has to make the selection of the programs he/she wants to apply for in the application form.
- After that candidate is required to give his/her preference of exam city which is allowed 4 cities as maximum
- After this the candidate is required to make the payment of the fee for the application form via online mode which could be with the help of credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
- The application fee for the general candidates is Rs.1600 whereas the application fee for the candidates of other categories is Rs.800
- Once the payment of fee is made or done, a confirmation mail is sent to the e-mail ID provided by the candidate
- Finally, the candidate can log in to the application form with the help of user ID and password and download the completed application form and take the printout for the future references.