Today, international container shipping is in great demand. And this is not surprising because transporting goods in containers is convenient, economical, and safe. In addition, container delivery is available by all types of transportation: air, road, rail, and sea. Mixed delivery is also practiced: the company supervising the order is engaged in the transfer of cargo from one transport to another.
Why Container Shipping Is Popular
Shipping containers overseas has become popular due to many factors:
- The container is considered a convenient and multifunctional way to transport goods, accommodating packages of various sizes.
- Container transport protects the cargo well, minimizing damage to the goods during transportation.
- Containers are removable units that are very convenient to load and unload. This saves time spent on loading and reduces delivery times.
- Confidentiality: cargo packed in a container does not require numerous inspections and checks.
- Optimal price. Container transportation helps reduce transportation costs and the cost of transported goods.
More about how the cost of freight transportation is calculated, read on https://us.meest.com/
Methods of Transporting Goods in Containers
All of the above containers are used in various types of transportation: land, sea, and air. International cargo services carry out the transportation of goods in containers in two ways.
- In the first case, the goods are placed in a container, delivered to their destination, and transferred to the recipient.
- In the second case, the cargo is brought to a transport company, redirected to a port or airport, and is only packed into a container. In this form, it is delivered to the designated port or railway station, removed from the container, and sent to the destination by other transport.
Why Do You Need Pellets for Delivery?
Pallets securely support and stabilize products during transportation from the sender to the recipient. Pallets also support organized loading at the warehouse and port.
Even though international pallet shipping is very helpful in loading and unloading goods, sometimes carriers do not use this method. Without pallets, products are transported when the goods are too fragile or too sensitive to weather conditions. The primary method of non-palletized transportation is a shipping box.
The cargo can be transported with or without pallets. If you need help understanding the nuances and terms and cannot calculate the cost of sending your goods, leave a request on the Meest website for detailed information on the packaging of commercial goods and the delivery of goods from the USA to Europe.