The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was launched by the Narendra Modi Government in 2016. It is aimed at providing clean fuel to women living below the poverty line and reduce their dependence on fossil fuels. A total of 1.5 crore families living below the poverty line will be covered under the scheme.
The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was launched by the Narendra Modi Government after coming to power in 2014. It is aimed at providing clean fuel to women living below the poverty line and reduce their dependence on fossil fuels. Etv news live and Etv Bharat today will look at the objectives of the Ujjwala Yojana and how it is benefitting women from poor households.
Some of the important objectives which the government aims to achieve through this scheme include:
- Protecting the health of women and preventing respiratory issues that occur due to the use of fossil fuels
- Preventing degradation of environment resulting from the usage of unclean cooking fuel
How to Apply for the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Scheme
Individuals applying for the Ujjwala Yojana must meet the eligibility criteria and provide all necessary documents.
- The applicant must procure the form either from the LPG outlets or online at the Ujjwala Yojana website.
- The form has to be duly filled with all details such as Age, Name, Bank Account, Aadhaar Card number etc.
- Applicant must also mention the type of cylinder that he requires.
- The form, along with the documents, has to be submitted at the nearest LPG outlet.
Eligibility Criteria for Ujjwala Yojana
Applicant must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the scheme:
- Applicant must be a woman above 18 years of age and she must be a citizen of India
- She should belong to a BPL household
- The monthly household income of the family should not exceed the limit set by the government.
- Her name must be in the list of SECC-2011 data and should match with the information available in the BPL database available with the Oil Marketing Companies.
- Applicant must not be a recipient of other similar schemes provided by the government.
KYC Application Forms for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
KYC application forms for the Ujjwala Scheme requires individuals to fill in details such as:
- Name, Age and Address
- Details of all members in the household who are above 18 years of age
- Details of bank account
- Ration Card details
- The equipment that is to be selected
Mandatory Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Scheme
ETV Bharat lists, here, the documents required for the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Scheme:
- An authorized BPL Certificate by Municipality Chairman or Panchayat Pradhan
- BPL Ration card
- Identity Proof with photo (Voter ID/Aadhaar Card)
- Recent passport size photograph
The Ujjwala Yojana scheme is being implemented by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. A total of 1.5 crore families living below the poverty line will be covered under the scheme. A total amount of Rs.8000 crores has been allotted for the Ujjwala Yojana.