Digital marketing channels are playing the field right now, for all kinds of businesses. In fact, email marketing is one of the most popular and proven effective digital marketing channels through which companies have been reading quite a bit of profit. Statistics state that for every $1 spent on email marketing, an average of $38 gets back to the company. So that’s a 1:38 ROI ratio. Enough said.
However, as a customer yourself, how often do you open emails that you know for sure are marketing emails?
Blame it on the digital era, but inboxes are pretty much getting flooded with marketing emails these days and you’ve got to think outside the box to make your customer open and read your mail.
So what’s the solution?
Blaise Radner of Printing Saskatoon says that an effective way to make people read a mail is to get out of the digital world.
It’s true. Such targeted direct mails have been proved to attract higher response rates.
With just as much or perhaps much less spending than emails required, notecards are the old school yet reliable way of marketing your business.
In this day and age though, you’ve got to be creative and create note cards with some depth that would reach out to your customer, speak to them and remain in their minds.
How can you do that?
Here are 9 ways to market your business with note cards.
- If you’re planning to meet someone new, either to work with or to collaborate or simply as part of networking, have some thank you cards with your business name etched on them in a reasonable size of font ready. After your meeting, send them out and make them feel valued.
- When you go to events or trade shows and exchange business cards, send out note cards to those officials who you think could be prospective clients or business partners or just people who influenced you.
- When you get some work done by another company or individual, you can again send them a notecard to thank them for their help. This can be for anything from publishing your video in their website, or mentioning your business name in their website or giving you credit for some content.
- When you go for seminars or insightful talks, find the contact information of the speaker and send them out a notecard to tell them how much they inspired you.
- When someone makes a purchase in your business, send them a note card. This is particularly useful for beginners and small business owners.
- Connect with your clients and customers and social media, find out their anniversaries and birthdays and send them to note cards accordingly. This will make them feel remembered and important.
- If you hear of your business partners’ or friends’ career milestones, that’s a good time to send note cards too. Watch out on social media again to see other career advancements even among your colleagues and send out notecards.
- After you’ve been invited to give a presentation at some event or company, send out thank you cards to the hosts for having you. If the crowd is not that big, you can find out all of their contact information and send note cards too.
Last but not least, you can send note cards every once in a while to your customers and clients, just to let them know that you’re thinking about them This will make them feel that they are a part of the family.