Physics is a very interesting subject dealing with the study of energy and matter and their interaction with each other. For those who plan to pursue higher studies or career in the field of medicine, engineering or the sciences, cracking physics is important. Learning the subject requires a lot of practice, hard work and commitment to the subject. Some of the main topics discussed in Physics of CBSE Class 12 are optics, electronic devices, atoms and nuclei, electrostatics and so on.
Meanwhile, Physics question paper is divided into 2 parts- Theory and Practical. Physics theory is for 70 marks and Physics Practical is for 30 marks. The duration is 3 hours and the maximum weightage is given to Optics. To score well in the exams, students have to be aware of the marking scheme and marks weightage of the subject for the board exams. Resources for this is made available for the students.
How to Prepare for the CBSE Class 12 Physics Exam?
Students need to be well-versed with the subject and the various concepts it covers if they wish to ace physics. Students aiming to ace the Physics exams are advised to build up the concepts of the subject from lower classes, itself. They need to have a solid foundation. What a student needs to know is that acing Physics is not just about cracking numerical problems, but they also need to be thorough with the theoretical portion of the subject, as well.
They can read up and study from textbooks, being thorough with the concepts so that they can do well in the exams. After mastering the subject, to self-assess their performance, students can also solve the CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12. Find other tips we have given to ace the subject in this article:
- Be thorough with the concepts of the subject
- Make notes on the derivations and formula
- Revise the subject thoroughly
- Understand the logic behind the derivation
- Practice with the help of questions and solutions
- Write descriptive to the point answers to long answer questions
- Answers to short answers should be crisp and to the point
- Solve more numerical problems and derivations to be thorough with a concept
- Spend more time on chapters that carry more marks weightage
- Draw and learn important diagrams
- Experiments are important as part of the marks is from it
- Practice all the experiments and do them properly for the exams
- Start writing for questions that you are most confident
Cracking Physics requires a very thorough understanding of the concepts and logical solving abilities. A student needs to have proper knowledge of theories, visualization, and application of knowledge and formulas. Frequent revision with the help of question papers is also very important for the students.
Solving more and more CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 Physics will help the students to get better acquainted with the concepts of the subject. Hence, students are requested to solve sample papers more regularly, if they wish to score good marks in the Physics board exams for class 12.