Burglary and Crime are still frequently associated occurrences, and it is essential to protect your house physically beside investing in a home protect insurance, to get full coverage benefits, in case of an accident.
Some might say the rate of burglary has decreased over the years but what you really should know is that individuals are better protected at present against such misfortunes and thefts. Your home is something you build with utmost care, and it is important to protect it, not just with locks and security systems, but also protect it with insurances, in case physical locks are broken. Thus, home protect insurance is very important and you should not skip it by any means whatsoever. There are many home protection plans available to choose from and tailored plans made specifically for certain situations. We will discuss everything in details soon.
Protecting your house from the outside: There are certain steps you need to follow to protect your house from the outside.
- First of all, you need to walk around the edge of the house and find out weaknesses that burglars could exploit and work on fixing those issues.
- Secondly, you must trim all bushes you have, if you have, in front of your house so that a thief does not get much of a hiding spot if he wants to hide and plan his burglary.
- Building a fence never hurts. Your garden or your house looks beautiful and at the same time gives you somewhat of protection against unwanted visitors.
- Next, keep all your vehicles inside your garage and make sure your streets are well lit. This is a very important home protection policy.
- Put motion sensors in your garden. As a result of every time someone enters your home, you will get to know about it.
How to protect your house from the inside:
- Always keep your doors and windows locked at all times. You can somewhat afford to open your windows if you have grills on your windows. At the same time keep changing your locks in your door and windows every few months. If you recently bought a home. Don’t move in permanently without changing your locks.
- Home protection companies always suggest you put all your valuables in the best state-of-the-art lockbox you can get your hands on.
- Don’t put spare keys outside your home. That is a very lazy choice. It is like gifting your valuables to the thieves.
- The best option although expensive would be to buy a home security system. Which includes cameras and passwords to enter your home and to lock it. They might seem very inconvenient to carry through in the long run but it is the safest option.
How to protect your house when you are on a vacation:
- Double, triple check your locks before leaving your house and provide a key to your house to your most trusted neighbor, just in case of an emergency.
- Get smart lights. Put a timer on those lights, as a result of which they will lit up at certain times which will give the impression that somebody is actually living in that house.
- If you have a garage that has an automatic opening door, disable that and make sure your garage is well locked.
- Never advertise much about your trip. You are just sending an invitation to the thieves if you are doing so.
Bajaj Finserv is a very reputable home protect insurance India Company. Home protect insurance is essential because burglary might never get eradicated but that does not mean that you will have to live in fear for the rest of your life. Enjoy your outdoor times, especially as you’re on your vacation, because your insurance policy it all!