Emergencies of the plumbing systems either in a commercial complex or in the residential complex can be ‘terrifying’. If not fixed quickly, the problem tends to increase, and the owners are stranded for quite some time. Before we go on to the different types of emergency problems related to plumbing systems, we would like to inform you on a few steps on finding the apt plumber. You need to list the selected plumber in your phone book as soon as you can so that you can get rid of the problems related to plumbing systems in a quick and efficient manner.
- Ask around and find out from family and friends for some names of reputed and experienced plumbing services.
- You can even conduct an online search, as this can work out to be beneficial. With this option, you have the freedom to compare the different plumbing services offered, not only with the prices quoted but also with the services provided. When choosing a plumber online it is always advisable to go through the different ratings and reviews so that you get a clear picture.
- When choosing a plumber, you need to ensure their certification and licenses. Just ‘any’ plumber will not do. This can lead to bigger problems with additional expenses.
- You need to ensure that these services are available 24 x 7, 365 days, as emergencies cannot be predicted and can happen anytime.
Some Emergency Plumbing Problems
- Backed up Sewer: Clogged toilets are easier to fix as compared to blocked or damaged sewer lines. You will require an experienced plumber to either replace these lines or probably repair them. Before the plumber comes, make sure to turn off the main valve of water. You have the option of choosing a service, which offers ‘green’ plumbing and products.
- Problems with the Water Heater: If not given the routine maintenance, water heaters can work out to be hazardous. These need to be handled with care and caution. Water heaters can face problems with leakages, overheat, and malfunctions. These water heaters can be the cause of the short circuits and electric shocks if not maintained according to the requirement. The emergency plumber chosen can easily detect the smallest of the problems.
- Broken Water Pipes: Neglected broken water pipes can damage your property. These need to be handled by only professionals, as they require a lot of hard work and need to be done in a specific manner. All you can do before your emergency plumber comes is to turn off the main water supply so that there is less of the mess created and less damage to be sorted out.
Difference Between Emergency and Routine Plumbing Services:
You need to be aware that a routine plumbing service will not be able to attend to your problem on an immediate basis. They tend to finish off their prior appointments before they decide to pay a visit to your home. Besides which, these are not available for 24 hours, 7 days a week. They normally operate only on weekdays and that too, at fixed times. In case, you face an emergency in the late evening, your problem will not be handled by the routine plumbing service.
Though routine plumbing services tend to be cheaper as compared to the emergency ones you need to know they might not have the required knowledge of fixing the major and complicated problems. You will be wasting your time and money. It is wiser to spend that wee bit more and hire well-qualified professionals for emergency plumbing repair service. Finally, it is only the emergency plumbing services, which can attend to your problem even at a short notice.