VITEEE is the Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance exam for the candidates who all are seeking admission to the first year engineering program in Vellore Institute of Technology. It provides admission to all those eligible candidates who have cleared 12th class examination or who are appearing in the 12th examination of 2018. Vellore Institute of Technology offers 20 undergraduate, 34 postgraduate and 4 integrated and 4 research programs.
The engineering entrance exam is a computer-based exam which is organized every year for the candidates who seek admission in Vellore Institute of Technology for its Vellore and Chennai campus. From this year, the Vellore Institute of Technology is starting its 2 new campus at Amravati and Bhopal.
The application form for the Engineering Entrance Exam has been initiated from 1st November 2017. The candidates who all are willing to seek admission to Vellore Institute of Technology should fill the application form on or before the due date of the application form. The entrance exam is conducted for providing admission to its campuses as-
- The application forms for the engineering entrance exam has been started from 1st November 2017
- The last date to fill the application form and submit it falls on 28th February 2018
- The slot booking and issue of the hall ticket will be done in the month of March 2018
- The engineering entrance exam will be conducted from 4th April 2018 to 15th April 2018
- The result of the engineering entrance exam will be declared on 25th April 2018
Eligibility Criteria for the engineering entrance exam-
The candidates who all are interested to appear in the entrance exam need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria-
- AGE- The candidate should be born on or after 1st July 1996
- CITIZENSHIP- The candidate should be resident or NRI of India. PIO or OCI holders are also eligible to apply for the engineering entrance exam.
- ACADEMIC DETAILS- The candidates must have passed 12th class or should be appearing in 12th class examination in 2018 from a recognized state board or ICSE board or CBSE board. NIOS candidates are also eligible to appear in the engineering entrance exam.
- EDUCATIONAL DETAILS- The candidates must have secured a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology all together. The candidates belonging to SC or ST are required to secure a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Candidates who all have studied PCM are eligible to apply for 18 B.TECH degrees. Candidates who have studied PCB are eligible for 3 B.TECH degrees.
Application form and Admit Card-
The application form for VITEEE 2018 can be obtained through 4 modes-
- MODE 1- Offline through Post Office
- MODE 2- Online
- MODE 3- Offline through campus or administration office
- MODE 4- Offline through post
Documents required to be uploaded along the application form in the prescribed format are as-
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
Slot booking for the engineering entrance exam-
The candidates are required to book the slot for the VITEEE exam from 3rd March 2018 onwards in online mode only. The online test booking system is for booking the exam date and center as per the convenience of the candidate. The candidates will then be allowed to download the admit card for the entrance exam once they are done with the slot booking of the exam center
Application Fee for the entrance exam-
The candidates who all are interested to appear in the entrance exam after filling the application form will be required to make the payment of the fee which is mentioned as-
- Offline OMR application form’s fee is Rs.1150 which includes GST as well
- Online examination fee through online application is Rs.1200 which includes GST as well
- The fee for NRI candidates is 50 USD
Result and Counseling of the engineering entrance exam-
On the basis of the result of the written admission test, the candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their scores in the online exam. The admission will be purely done on the basis of the marks secured by the candidate in the engineering entrance exam. The score of the candidates will be calculated using the equating methodology.
Counseling- The candidates will be short-listed on the basis of their marks in the entrance exam and will be called for the counseling. The counseling schedule will be displayed on the online website of VITEEE.