Central Universities Common Entrance Test is a national level entrance exam which is organized jointly by 10 central universities together. The 10 universities are-
- University of Haryana
- University of South Bihar
- University of Jammu
- University of Kerala
- University of Jharkhand
- University of Karnataka
- University of Kashmir
- University of Punjab
- University of Tamil Nadu
- University of Rajasthan
This entrance test is conducted for providing admissions to various under graduate, post graduate and research courses in the above mentioned universities. This exam is conducted once in the month of May.
- The online application form were released on 20th March, 2017
- Last date to submit the online application form is 14th April, 2017
- Admit card will be released online on 5th May, 2017
- Exam will be conducted on 17th and 18th May, 2017
- Result will be announced on 7th June, 2017
The application form for the entrance exam will be released through online process only that too on the official website only. There is no provision for the offline application form. The application form started from 20th March, 2017. The last date to submit the application form falls on 14th April 2017. Candidates can make the payment of the fees both offline and online. Once the submission of the online application form is done with online payment an automatic e-mail and message will be sent to candidate’s maid id and mobile number. The candidates made payment making the payment through challan will have to wait for 7 days once after making the submission of application form.
The online application form for the candidates of General/OBC Candidates will have to pay Rs.800 and for SC/ST candidates, the application fee is Rs.350 and for PWD candidates, there is no fee.
- For Post Graduate courses, the candidates should have cleared bachelor’s degree
- For M.Phil courses, the candidates should have cleared master’s degree
- The question paper will comprise of Part A and Part B
- The question paper will consist of 100 multiple choice questions
- Part A will be comprised of 25 questions of English language, general awareness, mathematical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Part B will be comprised of 25 questions
- The language of the question paper will be English only
- The duration of the exam is two hours
- There will be negative marking.
- Every correct will carry 1 mark each
The admit card of the CUCET entrance exam can be downloaded from the official website of exam conducting authority. The admit card for the entrance exam will be released on 5th May, 2017. Admit card is mandatory to be carried along on the venue of examination as no candidate without the admit card will be allowed to appear in the examination
The result of the entrance exam will be announced online. A merit list according to performance of candidates will be prepared and announced online. Candidates have to check their result online on the official website of exam conducting authority.