If you have already made up your mind to buy a new sofa for your home, it is the right time to go through this article. We have brought you some useful tips that could help you make a right decision while selecting the best quality sofa.
Once you have decided on the kind of fabric and budget you would like to invest for a sofa set, implement these interesting tips to get the most out of your investment.
- Ensure the frame you choose doesn’t crack or wobble. Choose a strong and sturdy frame so it lasts longer without cracking or wobbling.
- Check the back of the sofa, pat at the center to see if it’s hollow.
- You should choose a piece with well-padded corners and frames. Check this by running your hand firmly over the areas. A padded frame is likely not to stick out from the upholstery indicating less friction for the covering fabric.
- If you are interested in purchasing a sofa bed or reclining sofa, check all the mechanisms work well. A reclining sofa is expensive than a normal set and when you are investing a big amount, it is essential to ensure it is worth. Check for these features at the store itself.
- If a cheap sofas online has grabbed your attention but has metal parts, make sure the parts are free from sharp edges and are smooth. The moving parts of a reclining sofa or sofa bed should not cause tearing of fabric. You will never want an injury or any damage to the upholstery due to a faulty mechanism.
- While you check the back of the selected sofa, pay attention to any hard stops or bumps. Run your palm gently over the area. There shouldn’t be any bumps and hard spots, as it feels uncomfortable and deteriorates the look of your sofa over a period of time.
- The seat cushions should be resilient and firm, fitting exactly within the sofa frame. IN addition to this, the cushion should regain its shape when you press them. If it doesn’t, know it will flatten fast. The cushions which do not fit snugly into the frame also lose its shape soon.
- The sofa seats should be comfortable and if it your reclining furniture, ensure you feel comfortable sitting in different positions. Select a seat based on your height. If people in your family are tall on average, go for shallow seats.
- The arms of the sofa chair should be well-padded and not move or jiggle.
- If the selected piece has buttons, ensure it is sewn properly. Loose buttons will come off in no time and you would end up losing them.
- Like for dresses and clothing, stripes and patterns should meet at seams for perfect look, a sofa should also have matching patterns and stripes for the beautiful finish. Mismatched stripes or patterns give of sense of “something missing”.
- The seams and welts should be straight with patterns centered well. Uneven welting is a sign of poor tailoring and you would never want that for your priced furniture set.
- For safety reasons, you should look for the tag gold UFAC which indicates the sofa manufacturer is certified with the UFAC methods (the Upholstered Furniture Action Council). The council was founded in 1978 to make the kind of furniture more resistant to ignition such as from cigarettes. Since these standards were implemented, the rate of household fires has come down eventually.
The final tip!
When you are all done with the looking and examining, get a test drive of your sofa! Recline lounge, lie down to see it feels comfortable and provides a good fit. If it does, this is the sign of a best sofa to buy.